Diploma in X-ray technology is a 2 years undergraduate course in India. It deals with electromagnetic radiation that enters the human body and depicts solid structures in photographic film. This course requires minimum eligibility of 10+2 with minimum marks or any equivalent. This course includes several hands-on sessions. The average course fee for this course is between INR 70,000-90,000 every 2 years.
The admission process in this course is conducted on the basis of the candidate’s performance in their high school exams. But, some institutes may include their entrance exam score. After completing the course, students can get the jobs likely X-Ray technician, Assistant X-Ray technicians etc and alike in hospitals, clinics, medical labs, out-patient care centers etc.
Diploma in X-Ray Technology: Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in X-ray Technology|
|Course level||Undergraduate Degree.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based / Merit based.|
|Course Fee||Between INR 2 to 3 LPA.|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Hospitals, Clinics, Medical labs, Govt. Hospitals etc.|
|Job Positions||X-ray technician, Assistant X-ray Technician, Radiologist, Teacher etc.|
Why Study Diploma in X-Ray Technology?
The goal of obtaining a Diploma in X-ray Technology degree depends on the aspirations and goals of each individual.
- Reputed Professions: Diploma in X-ray technology is a very high demand field where students can learn and find the job opportunities after completing the course.
- Pay Scale: After completing the course the students are on the higher side for both public and private sectors. The work of a Diploma in X-ray technology undergraduates students involved in X-ray technician, assistant X-ray technician, Radiologist etc.
- Career Opportunities: The candidates can pursue a stable career path in radiology/radiography. There are very limited opportunities after Diploma in X-ray technology.
Diploma in X-Ray Technology: Admission Process
The admission process for the Diploma in X-ray Technology is conducted on the basis of performance of the candidates in their high school examination.
- Some institutes may conduct their entrance exams followed by the personal interview. This entrance examination depends on the institutes.
- Therefore, all interested applicants are advised to go through the admission policy as described by the individual colleges.
Diploma in X-Ray Technology: Eligibility Criteria
- The applicants who have completed their high school education in class 12 with science subjects as their major discipline with minimum marks obtained in the examination are eligible for this course.
- Some colleges/universities require the scores in the entrance exams based on the subjects covered and may consider the scores.
Entrance Exam Based Admission
- Cautious candidates will be invited to take part in the university-level entrance examination.
- The concerned universities/ colleges will publish the names of the candidates and their merit list along with the examination scores.
- After clearing the entrance exam the candidates will be invited for their personal interview round.
- The respective colleges/universities will give admission opportunities to the potential students on the basis of the entrance test including overall performance.
The candidates can apply to Diploma in X-ray Technology colleges providing admission to this course. The candidates must follow the admission rules while applying to colleges.
- The interested candidates will be asked to appear for the selection process as described by the colleges/ universities.
- The candidates visit the official website of the institute for the admission application form.
- The careful applicants fill the application form with the correct details and upload the required documents in the ethical dimensions.
- After completing the application form, the final selections will be done on the basis of interviews and group discussions.
Diploma in X-Ray Technology: How to Prepare for Entrance Exams?
To help candidates prepare better and more efficiently for the entrance exam, the following pointers can be mentioned.
- The candidates have to prepare a schedule for the study. Each topic includes each subject and sticks to the schedule. This will ensure that the entire syllabus will be covered at least once and time will be allocated for the study each day.
- Students need to know the syllabus of the entrance exam, the type of exam thoroughly. Candidates will be able to allocate time separately on more difficult topics.
- Entrance tests are always rigorous so it’s all about practice. Candidates should take mock test series and try sample papers as much as possible.
- When preparing for the entrance exam, it is important to check which books should be mentioned and which of them should be prepared. Must be clear with school books before buying more books.
Diploma in X-Ray Technology: How to get Admission in a Good College?
- The admission process takes place through the entrance-based and merit-based.
- The candidates should prepare for the entrance exam to get into a good college.
- Few colleges also conduct the admission process through merit-based, hence the final scores in class 12 with science subject must be able to meet the cutoff criteria set by the institute.
- Candidates need to ensure that they have applied for a Diploma in X-ray Technology college before the stipulated time.
- After the candidate needs to prepare the group discussion and personal interview process.
Diploma in X-Ray Technology: Syllabus
The syllabus of Diploma in X-ray Technology is given below :
|First Year||Second Year|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology||Radiodiagnostic Result Correlation|
|Basic Of Radiotherapy||Clinical Haematology, Chemistry, and Urinalysis|
|Radiographic Techniques and Diagnostic||Diagnostic Radiography|
|Radiography: Patient Care and Hospital Practice||Basic Physics|
|Radiodiagnostic Radiography Equipment||Radiographic Image Acquisition.|
Diploma in X-Ray Technology: College Comparison
|Parameter||NIMS University||RKDF University||Academy Allied Health Sciences|
|Objective||It is a private university, it offers the UG,PG,Diploma etc.||It is a private university. This college offers UG,PG, Diploma, Pharmacy etc.||This institute offers the diploma and certification course.|
|Eligibility||10+2 with PCB/PCM or posses an equivalent qualification from a recognized board||10+2 in science (PCB) with 40% marks(UR category) and 35% marks(reserved category)||10+2 with science by CBSE board or any equivalent exam conducted by any state board.|
|Average annual fee||INR 35,000||INR 28,000||INR 33,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3.5 LPA||INR 3.4 LPA||INR 3 LPA|
Diploma in X-Ray Technology: Job Profiles
X-ray technology graduate diploma career options and job prospects are monstrous and continue to grow with the rapid expansion of the healthcare industry. Some of the most common job profiles that a Diploma in X-ray Technology student can opt for along with job description and salary package are mentioned in the table below :
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|X-ray Technician||Technologists manage efficiently and read and receive diagnostic reports using technical components and machines||INR 2 to 3 LPA|
|Assistant X-ray Technician||The assistant X-ray technician is able to operate the X-ray or radiographic machine||INR 1 to 2 LPA|
|Consultant Radiologist||Patients are advised to make proper diagnosis and treatment and also to get proper type of testing is suggestions||INR 2 to 3 LPA|
|Teacher||Instructor who will teach all the ideas and methods for other able candidates||INR 3 to 4 LPA|
|X-ray testing technician||X-ray testing technicians can handle all of these types of components and test options||INR 3 to 4 LPA|