Computer Science & Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering is one of the most soughed disciplines of engineering courses and is the practical and scientific approach to its application.
“Computer Science & Engineering involves the design and understanding of computational process and programming languages.”
Courses & Duration
In Computer Science & Engineering the student will go through the algorithms, programming languages, operating systems, database management systems, computer network, computer graphics and artificial intelligence.
You can choose the Computer Science & Engineering, after 12th Science.
The academic criterion of Computer Science & Engineering is divided into three courses/programmes as follows:
- Diploma courses leading to the polytechnic diploma of 3 years duration.
- UG courses leading to the B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) degree of 4 years duration.
- PG courses leading to the M.Tech (Master of Technology) degree of 2 years duration.
Beside these, it is one of the broad research fields leading to the PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) degree.
All Courses of computer science & engineering are listed here:
- Diploma in Computer Science and Technology
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Computer Engineering
- Master of Engineering (ME/M.Tech) in Computer Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Networking
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phill) in Computer Science and Engineering
- Specialization (Sub-disciplines)
- Computer Science & Engineering has the expanded filed in order to the specialization.
- Computer architecture and organization
- Database systems
- Operating systems
- Foundations of Computer Systems
- Java Programming and Website Design
- E-Commerce & ERP and Multimedia Applications
Am I eligible to apply?
Here we have mentioned the basic eligibility of various diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses:
After the completion of 10th standard, you are only eligible to enter the diploma courses.
Once you have done the 12th standard you are fully eligible to choose the UG (B.Tech) programme.
For entering in Computer Science & Engineering, either in diploma or UG, mathematics & science are the compulsory and has to be in qualifying examination.
For entering in PG (M.Tech) programme, B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering is must.
So now, you have a complete package of education in Computer Science & Engineering after 12th upto research programme.
How to get admission in computer science & engineering courses?
Various colleges and universities offer admissions to students through entrance tests. The entrance exams are organized at national, state or university level by the respective authorities. While some other institutions give admissions on the basis of merit list of the qualifying examination.
For admissions in B.Tech courses, admissions will be done through JEE Main examination. JEE Main is a national level exam regulated by the CBSE Board for providing admissions in B.Tech programmes offered by top colleges of the country. If you are looking for admission in M.Tech courses then you can appear in GATE examination.
Some entrance tests for B.Tech & M.Tech courses are listed here:
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced 2022
- GATE 2022
- BVP CET 2022 (Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University Common Entrance Test)
- BCECE 2022 (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination)
- UPSEE 2022 (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination)
- TS EAMCET 2022 Telangana Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test)
Here we have listed some top colleges to pursue courses in the field of computer science & engineering:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST)
Jobs & Career
“There are ample of job opportunities in the field of Computer Science & Engineering”.
After the completion of your degree in Computer Science & Engineering, you can work in the field of database management, embedded systems, IT, telecommunication, multimedia, computer hardware & software implementation, computer hardware & software maintenance, gaming, web designing and other related industries.