WBJEE 2024 will be held on 28 April 2024. It is conducted by WBJEEB. Now you can know all about West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE) exam date, application form, syllabus from here on aglasem.com. To start with, WBJEE is a State level Engineering entrance exam that is held by West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board. Moreover, purpose of this exam is to do admission in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self-Financed Institutes in the State of West Bengal in B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm. Therefore if you are preparing for WBJEE exam, then you should check eligibility at wbjeeb.nic.in, apply, then download admit card, solve previous year question papers, and check answer key, result.
What is WBJEE exam?
The WBJEE 2024 is an entrance exam for admission to B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm, in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self-Financed Institutes in the State of West Bengal. Here WBJEE is short for West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam. It is moreover a State level test organized by WBJEEB i.e. West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board.
Likewise, the WBJEE exam structure is also published by WBJEEB. Important features of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam are as follows. However check official website wbjeeb.nic.in from time to time for any changes in the exam pattern.
You can check the WBJEE 2024 exam pattern as per its announcement at wbjeeb.nic.in. Last year the exam pattern was as follows.
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Offline – OMR based.
- Question type – The questions are MCQ.
- Number of Questions – There are 75 in Maths, 40 each in Physics and Chemistry.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the WBJEE is 100 in Maths, 50 each in Physics and Chemistry.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of Maths – 02 Hrs PC – 02 Hrs.
Paper 1 and Paper 2 –
- Paper 1 is Mathematics. Paper 2 is Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates appearing in both paper-I and paper-II are eligible for both General Merit Rank (GMR) as well as Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR). Such candidates are considered for admission in all courses.
- Candidates appearing only in paper- II are eligible for PMR only. Such candidates are considered for admission into Pharmacy courses only (except in Jadavpur University).
- Candidates appearing only in paper-I are not eligible for any rank
|Type of Qs||Only one option is correct.||Only one option is correct||One or more options is/are correct.|
|Marks for correct answer||1||2||2|
|Marks for incorrect answer||-1/4||-1/2||None|
|Combination of answers||For any combination of more than one option, even if it contains the|
correct option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -¼ (negative ¼) marks.
|For any combination of more than one option, even if it contains the correct option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks||For any combination of answers containing one or more incorrect options, the said answer will be treated as incorrect, and it will yield zero (0) mark even if one or more of the chosen options is/are correct.|
For partially correct answers, i.e., when all correct options are not marked and also no incorrect options are marked, marks awarded = 2 × (no of correct options marked) / (total no of actually correct options).
WBJEE – An Overview
The important highlights of this exam are as follows.
|Name of Exam||WBJEE|
|WBJEE Full Form||West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam|
|More Exams Of This Type||Engineering Entrance Exams|
|Scale Of This Exam||State Level|
|State or Region For Which This Exam Is Most Relevant||West Bengal|
(note – this does not indicate domicile requirement.
it only refers to states or regions where score
accepting colleges are situated)
|Organization That Holds This Exam||WBJEEB|
|WBJEEB Full Form||West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board|
|Programs or Courses Where Admission Is Through This Test||B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm|
|Colleges or Universities Where Admission Is Through This Test||Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self-Financed Institutes in the State of West Bengal|