West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 was held on 23 July 2023. Now result has been announced as well. It is the State level Nursing entrance exam. Organized by WBJEEB, WB ANM GNM exam is for admission to 2 years ANM and 3 years GNM courses in various Colleges/ Institutes in the State of West Bengal. Its official website is wbjeeb.nic.in. Get here the WB ANM GNM study material like syllabus, question papers, exam pattern, and latest news on registration, admit card, answer key, result.
What is West Bengal ANM GNM exam?
The full form of WB ANM GNM is West Bengal Joint Entrance Test for ANM(R) & GNM Courses. It is a State level Nursing entrance examination conducted by WBJEEB. 2 years ANM and 3 years GNM admission in various Colleges/ Institutes in the State of West Bengal for 2023-24 session is on the basis of West Bengal ANM GNM 2023.
West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 – An Exam Overview
Highlights of the examination are as follows.
|Name of Exam||WB ANM GNM 2023|
|Full Form of WB ANM GNM||West Bengal Joint Entrance Test for ANM(R) & GNM Courses|
|Full Form of WBJEEB||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Type of Exam||Nursing Entrance Exam|
|Courses Where Admission is Through WB ANM GNM||2 years ANM and 3 years GNM|
|Colleges Where Admission is Through WB ANM GNM||Govt., Pvt., Self-financed institutes in the State of West Bengal|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Class 12|
|Mode of Exam||Offline OMR Based|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Exam Duration||1.5 hours|
|Subjects in Question Paper||Life Science, Physical Science, Basic English, Mathematics, General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning|
The question paper of West Bengal Joint Entrance Test for ANM(R) & GNM Courses will be as per the exam pattern. The West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 exam pattern conveys the mode, important topics, question distribution, marking scheme. Latest exam scheme is as per wbjeeb.nic.in. You can also practice the pattern, type of questions with PYQPs and WB ANM GNM sample question papers. West Bengal ANM GNM 2023 mock tests are also a good way to familiarize yourself with the pattern.
The exam pattern is as follows
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Offline OMR Based test.
- Question type – The questions are MCQs .
- Number of Questions – There are 100 questions in the West Bengal ANM GNM.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the WB ANM GNM is 115.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of 1.5 hours.
- Language of Question Paper – The question paper is in language English and Bengali language (except Basic English and logical reasoning).
Marking Scheme and Type of Questions in Category 1 and Category 2:
- No. of correct answers – Only one option is correct.
- Marks for correct answers – Correct response will yield 1 (one) mark for each question.
- Negative marking for incorrect answers – Incorrect response will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks for each question.
- More than one answer marked – For any combination of more than one option, even if it contains the correct option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -¼ (negative 25%) marks.
- Marks for not attempted question – Not attempting the question will fetch zero mark
- No. of correct answers – One or more options is/are correct.
- Marks for correct answers – Marking all correct options only will yield 2 (two) marks.
- Negative marking for incorrect answers – For any combination of answers containing one or more incorrect options, the said answer will be treated as incorrect, and it will yield zero (0) mark even if one or more of the chosen options is/are correct.
- More than one answer marked – For partially correct answers, i.e., when all correct options are not marked and also no incorrect options are marked, marks awarded = 2 × (no of correct options marked) / (total no of actually correct options)
- Marks for not attempted question – Not attempting the question will fetch 0 marks