MA – MA or Master of Arts is a postgraduate degree that is awarded when a student passes an integrated course of study in subjects of humanities and social sciences. MA degree is also awarded for subjects who are normally considered within other domains. Master of Arts course duration is 2 years.
Master of Arts admission mostly takes place merit based. Some colleges like TISS, JNU, Calcutta University and Jadavpur University take Master of Arts admission through Entrance Exams.
Master of Arts: Course Details
- MA Admission 2022 eligibility requires a Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized University.
- The average MA fee for the course ranges between INR 20,000 – 30,000.
- Some of the top colleges offering Master of Arts are Calcutta University, JNU, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi University, etc.
- Apart from regular mode, Master of Arts can be pursued through Distance from colleges like IGNOU, Annamalai University, Osmania University, etc. There are several MA entrance exams such as DUET, PU CET, JNUEE, etc.
- After completion of MA, students can pursue PhD in their respective fields of specializations.
- The average salary after the completion of Master of Arts range between INR 3.5 – 5 LPA.
- Before applying for a Master of Arts one should be aware of the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the colleges and universities. Below mentioned are the details for eligibility to a MA course,
- Candidates should have completed their Bachelor of Arts with a minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- They have to score at least 50% in the relevant subjects.