What is BTech Cyber Security?
- BTech Cyber Security course is apt for individuals fascinated by the cybersecurity industry and its tricky threat intelligence and eager to gain advanced knowledge of malware reverse engineering, penetration testing, and cyber forensics.
- The course guides the students in maintaining digital records or conducting an inquiry to determine who was involved in performing prohibited tasks.
- The BTech Cyber Security course aims to grasp the procedures better, acquire information, and prevent unauthorised access while safeguarding networks, computers, programs, and data from unidentified threats.
- Students should apply since the program is an excellent career choice for extraordinary minds. Students who wish to work in challenging jobs and earn money should do so.
- Candidates that choose these programs must be fascinated by cybercrime and hacking. Candidates who want to succeed in this field must be able to solve problems, take a pragmatic approach, and exercise executive function.
- Students should apply for the program as it proves to be an excellent career for such remarkable minds. Students who want to take on a demanding job profile while earning banks should do so.
- Cyber security BTech has a substantial impact since it is challenging, expensive, and crucial. Cybersecurity allows one to safeguard people’s data, keep tabs on developments, and notify the public when a severe problem arises.
Who should study BTech cyber security?
- Tech enthusiasts, ethical hackers, and detail-oriented people make for the best BTech candidates in cyber security, which aims to protect digital systems and data.
- Problem-solvers and tech-savvy individuals who appreciate solving complex problems and keeping up with rapidly evolving IT environments are ideally suited.
- This is helpful for students interested in Online Security and cyber risks.
BTech Cyber Security Course: Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Technology in Cyber Security|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Maths, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and 50% aggregate marks|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Entrance-based|
|Average Course Fee||INR 1,00,000 – INR 2,50,000 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 8 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Amazon, Nokia, Infosys, Pinkerton, Apple, Boeing, Capital One, Cisco, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, General Motors, Intel, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Patient First|
|Job Positions||Security Analyst, Security Architect, Security Software Developer, Cryptanalyst, Security Engineer, Cryptographer, Security Consultant|
|Employment Areas||IT Firms, Tech Firms, Software Development Firms, IT Security Firms, Computer Security Firms, IT Consultancies, Tech Consultancies, Data Security Firms, Banks, Business Firms, MNCs, Telecommunication Firms etc|
BTech Cyber Security: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must qualify all the eligibility criteria mentioned below to secure admission to BTech Cyber Security in the college of their choice:
- Candidates must complete 10+2 or equivalent with Math, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and from a recognized board/university.
- Candidates must score a minimum aggregate score of 50% in their 12th examinations or equivalent.
- Candidates with a Diploma in the relevant Engineering stream are also eligible to apply for the course.
BTech Cyber Security: Entrance Exams
Primarily based on the results of the entrance tests, the applicants are accepted into the university for their particular programmes. Applicants who take the entrance exam must meet the cut-off to be admitted.
|Exam Name||Registration Date||Date of Exam|
|JEE MAIN||To be Announced||Phase 1: January 24, 2024 to February 1, 2024 |
Phase 2: April 1, 2024 to April 15, 2024
|JEE ADVANCED||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|WBJEE||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|MHT CET||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|BITSAT||To be Announced||To be Announced|
Tips to Clear Entrance Exams
- Time management: Create a study schedule so you may finish the entire curriculum before the exams.
- Practice with NCERT Books: Preparing for exams with NCERT books gives you an edge over others at all times. NCERT books consist of concepts and theories most likely to be seen on the entrance tests, so study and revise it thoroughly.
- Practice Strong Subjects First: Ensure you grab all points of your favourite subjects to increase your overall score. After you’ve mastered your favourite topic, focus on your weak ones.
- Practice with Good Reference Books: Choose good reference books for preparing for any entrance exam. Make sure you increase the order of difficulty every time you finish a good reference book.
- Solve MCQs Verbally: This happens entirely with sheer practice. Get your mental solving process on a level where you don’t need to solve sums but instead look for approximate values and mark the answers. This saves time for questions that need solving or need a second thought.
- Enjoy Solving Mock Papers: Start by enjoying answering reference MCQs from study resources, then move on to prior exams and mock tests. Make MCQs more enjoyable by making them seem like a game and solving mock exams daily.
BTech Cyber Security: Course Advantages
- Students of BTech Cyber Security specialize in domains such as the Dark Web, Ethical Hacking, Cyberwarfare, and digital forensics. They could also work on security systems for applications, networks, or company data.
- The course increases your capability to solve complex technical problems along with increasing your analytical skills to lead a professional life.
- Cyber Security is a unique and new field that is rapidly growing. Since more and more people are restoring to online services, there is a rise in online thefts and frauds. This increases the demand for cybersecurity professionals, especially in-house experts who would be provided decent pay.
- Companies are recognizing the need and importance of Cyber Security as a respected specialization and need in-house professionals. Meanwhile, there remains a need for such professionals, but the demand is growing day by day. This is also leading to excellent packages with secured jobs.
- Students pursuing Cybersecurity can work as Application analysts, Security analysts, Security Engineers, and Security architects.
- With new digital properties emerging every day, BTech Cyber Security proves to be an exciting career for them while opening up several opportunities to learn and grow
- There is growing demand for cybersecurity professionals in the business world today. Complex attacks like spamming, phishing, malware, viruses, and other information security threats must be combated against. Due to the rising number of attacks, recruitment and employment options in the industry are more than ever.
BTech Cyber Security: Job Prospects
BTech Cyber Security Jobs include Security Administrator, Security Software Developer, Cryptanalyst, Security Engineer etc such jobs are available in private and governmental organizations. These job positions’ average packages and salaries range from INR 4 LPA to INR 8 LPA. Below are some of the most preferred job positions, along with their average salary and description:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Security Administrator||Installation and management of the organization’s security systems. Security analysis of company’s data.||INR 6 LPA|
|Security Software Developer||Development of security software, monitoring tools, traffic analysis, invasion detection, virus/spyware/malware detection etc. Implementation of security systems into application software.||INR 6 LPA|
|Cryptanalyst||Analysis of encrypted information cipher the purpose of any malicious software.||INR 8 LPA|
|Security Engineer||Investigation and utilization of new technologies, processing security capabilities, and implementing improvements.||INR 6 LPA|
BTech Cyber Security: Future Scope
- After completing BTech in Cyber Security, students can apply for higher education options in the same field to get an edge and better packages over others.
- MTech Cyber Security, MTech Information Security, MTech in Computer Networks and Information Security, MTech CSE are the few most recommended postgraduate programs for BTech Cyber Security graduates.
- Students can also pursue an MBA degree to secure superior packages from the private sectors, which range from INR 8,00,000 to INR 12,00,000.