BNYS – Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
To promote traditional way of healing, Kunwar Shekhar Vijendra Medical College of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences has been established by Shobhit University, Gangoh. The College shall be conducting BNYS program, approved by the Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India.
The Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) is a medical degree in India in the field of integrated naturopathy and yoga therapy. The degree is of 5 1⁄2 years duration, including 1 year internship after passing 12th Science. The person having a BNYS degree can practice anywhere in India.
GOALS OF BNYS COURSE
- To effectively integrate the conventional basic sciences (e.g. human physiology) with the traditional medical systems and to enhance the understanding of their effects and therapeutic potential;
- To provide state of the art learning facilities (e.g. audio visual aids, interactive learning systems) to conceptualize the ancient medical system;
- To run advanced laboratories under each department (basic and clinical sciences) for effective experimental training and research;
- A BNYS doctor can work in following domains after completion of the degree:
- General practice in clinics with minimum infrastructure; government and private hospitals;
- National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) under AYUSH, in all states of India;
- Academic, research or science in various government and non-governmental organizations;
- Specialty clinics targeting individual disorders like obesity, stress, allergy, lifestyle, de-addiction, back pain, diet counseling, rehabilitation (medical, psychiatry and post-surgical);
- Stress management and lifestyle management consulting in corporate hospitals and holistic wellness centers;
- Hospitality industry in India and abroad;
- To explore the possibilities of promoting effective integrated medical practice at conventional medical facilities attached to the institute;
- To provide the best possible clinical setting for clinical training and research;
- To prepare every Yoga and Naturopathic physician with an in depth understanding of Basic sciences, superior clinical training and with an outlook for research and development
Eligibility for Program
- Eligibility for the BNYS program is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized Board. The duration of Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) is five and half years including compulsory rotatory internship of one year.
- Candidates should complete 17 years of age on or before 31st December in the year of admission, but have not crossed the age of 25 years as on that date, are eligible to apply.
- Personal Interview / Academic Performance / Entrance Test.
- PIO / Foreign Nationals: Candidates studying a course approved by Association of Indian Universities (other than CBSE/ICSE/State Board/ Matriculation) as equivalent to 10+2 system of India are eligible to apply. The last two years of such study should include Biology & English. The candidate should obtain an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, A.I.U. House, 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg (Kotla Marg ) New Delhi 110002