UGC NET 2024 Exam Date has been announced. UGC NET (University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test) is conducted every year by the NTA. Examination is conducted two times annually to determine the eligibility for ‘Assistant Professor’ or ‘Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor’. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts UGC NET examination on the national level. Interested & eligible candidates will be able to apply through online mode. Through this article, we have provided complete details about the UGC NET 2024 exam including i.e. application form, exam dates, eligibility etc.
UGC NET 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||UGC NET 2024|
|Full form||University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test|
|Level of exam||National level|
|Conducting authority||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency of exam||Two times each year|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Purpose of exam||Determine the eligibility for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor in Indian universities & colleges|
UGC NET 2024 Exam Dates
Check below to know the official dates for UGC NET 2024 exam:
|Events||Dates 2024 (Official)|
|UGC NET Notification||Last week of December 2023|
|Availability of Online Application||Last week of December 2023|
|Last date to apply online||4th week of January 2024|
|Last date for successful transaction of exam fee||4th week of January 2024|
|Correction window||1st week of February 2024|
|Availability of Admit card||1st week of June 2024|
|UGC NET Exam||10th to 21st June 2024|
|Release of Answer Key||4th week of June 2024|
|Objection period||4th week of June 2024|
|Announcement of Results||July 2024|
UGC NET 2024 Application Form
Here we have provided the general details about UGC NET 2024 Application Form with instructions:
- Application form will be made available from last week of December 2023.
- Aspirants must check all the instructions provided by authority before filling the application form.
- Registration form for UGC NET 2024 will be released through online mode. Any offline facility will not be available.
- A candidate must fill one application form, multiple filled application forms will not be received.
- Fill details carefully in the application form including personal, academic, category, choice of exam city etc.
- Upload all necessary scanned documents i.e. coloured or black & white photograph and signature in the specific format.
- Candidates will be able to fill their application form till fourth week of January 2024.
- Authority will also provide the correction facility to the candidates from first week of February 2024.
- Download and take printout of the filled application form for future references.
- Application fee will be paid through online mode, no application fee will be received through any other mode.
- Online payment will be done via debit card/ credit card/ net banking or other online payment gateways.
- Fee will be non-refundable once paid.
Below, check the application fee for all categories:
|General/ Un-reserved||Rs. 1100/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 600/-|
|ST/ SC/ PWD||Rs. 375/-|
How to Apply for UGC NET 2024
- Step 1: Visit the official website (link will be mentioned above).
- Step 2: Register yourself by providing email ID and mobile number.
- Step 3: Note down the system generated application number and login.
- Step 4: Fill details carefully in the application form including qualifications, contact, address and other personal details.
- Step 5: Upload required documents in the specific format i.e. photograph, signature, category certificate.
- Step 6: Pay the application fee through online mode. Fee will not be received through any offline mode.
- Step 7: Check and verify all the details and submit application form.
- Step 8: Take printout of the filled-in application form and keep it safe for future references.
UGC NET 2024 Application Correction
Correction facility will be provided by the authority from first week of February 2024. Candidates will be able to correct details using their login details. Candidate who have done any mistake in the application form must edit it during the UGC NET correction window.
Any request for change in the application form will not be provided after closer of the correction window. Corrections sent by the candidates through post or any other offline method will not be entertained by the authority.
Correction window will be opened for some of the particular details, so fill all the details carefully to avoid any kind of rejection of the form.
UGC NET 2024 Eligibility
Candidates must check the below provided eligibility criteria for the UGC NET 2024 exam before applying:
- Qualification: Candidates having master’s degree or its equivalent from any recognised university/ college will be eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: JRF applying candidates should not be more than 30 years as on the first day of month. There will be 5 years of age relaxation for reserved category candidates i.e. SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL/ PWD/ Third Gender.
- There will be no age limit criteria for assistant professor.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates should secure at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC-NCL/ Third Gender) in their qualifying examination.
- Appearing: Final year appearing candidates or whose result is still awaited will also be eligible to apply.
UGC NET 2024 Exam Pattern
Check the complete UGC NET Exam Pattern from the given section:
- Exam Mode: UGC NET 2024 exam will be held through online mode (computer based test).
- Type of Questions: Objective type, multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Duration: Examination will be conducted in 3 hours duration.
- Papers: Examination will consist of 2 papers i.e. Paper I & Paper II.
- Total Marks: Question paper will be of total 300 marks.
- Number of Questions: 150 questions will be available in the question paper.
- Language: Question paper medium will be Hindi and English.
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks will be awarded for every correct response.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for wrong answer.
Candidates can check paper wise marking scheme for UGC NET 2024 below:
|Papers||Number of Questions||Marks|
UGC NET 2024 Syllabus
UGC NET syllabus will be available separately for all the subjects. Authority will release complete UGC NET 2024 syllabus on the website through online mode. Candidates must prepare for the exam as per their subjects.
From the year 2022, a new subject ‘Indian Knowledge System’ was added in the list of subjects. Candidates will also be able to get complete syllabus in our article whenever it will be released. Remember, authorities will not provide a copy of syllabus to any candidate.
UGC NET Preparation Tips
Candidates are advised to check below some basic preparation tips and tricks which will help them to prepare well for the UGC NET 2024 examination:
- To start your preparation go through the exam pattern and syllabus of the exam.
- Select good study material as well as books for better preparation.
- Take a view of previous years question papers, it will help you to know about the sections, marks weightage etc.
- Make a proper time table and follow it on the daily basis.
- Make short notes and don’t forget to work on your weak areas.
- Discuss your topics with your teachers and friends.
- Do not get panic, drink plenty of water during study.
- Avoid last time study and take care of your health.
UGC NET 2024 Admit Card
Admit card will be made available to download through online mode. It will be released in third week of February 2024. Hall ticket will be issued on the candidate portal. No admit card will be sent by post to the candidates. Without the admit card no candidates will be allowed to appear for the examination.
Candidates must check the details printed on the UGC NET 2024 admit card i.e. name of the exam centre, shift, time etc. In case of any discrepancy found on admit card or photograph/ signature, candidates must contact to the officials immediately.
Read all the instructions given on the UGC NET hall ticket and follow it on the examination day strictly. Candidates are advised to not carry an unnecessary things on the examination centre i.e. any electronic device, smart watches, bags, foods etc. Candidates are also advised to keep a copy of the admit card safe for further references.
UGC NET 2024 Answer Key
Candidates will be able to download their answer keys fews days after the conduct of exam. Authority will release provisional answer key in the fourth week of June 2024 through online mode.
Answer key will contain correct answers of the questions asked in the examination. Authority will also release question papers and recorded response after 2-3 days of the exam. Answer key will be available in the PDF format.
With the help of UGC NET answer key candidates will be able to calculate their estimate scores obtained in the exam. Candidates will also be eligible to make objections against the provisional answer key. Candidates will need to pay processing fee of Rs. 200/- per question. This fee will be non-refundable.
After submitting all the challenges, authority will release final UGC NET 2024 answer key to the candidates. Based on the final key, result will be declared by the authority.
UGC NET 2024 Result
UGC NET Result will be declared in the month of July 2024 through online mode. Candidates must check their results via login details i.e. application number or date of birth. Candidates who have appeared in the examination will only be eligible to check their results.
Result will be declared based on the final answer key. UGC NET 2024 Result will not be intimated individually to the candidates. There will be no-rechecking/ re-evaluation of the result.
Candidates must check the details carefully printed on the result i.e. name, roll number, subject wise scores, total obtained scored. In case of any discrepancy in details, contact to the officials. Candidates must take a printout of the score card and keep it secure for admission procedure.
UGC NET 2024 Cut Off
Cut off will be prepared based on various factors and will be made available through online mode. It will be released by the authority after the announcement of result. It will be necessary for the candidates to obtain minimum cut off marks in the exam to be eligible to admission.
UGC NET Cut Off will be prepared separately for all category candidates. It will be available in the PDF format. Candidates who will secure equal or more than cut off marks will be qualified for the admission.
Here candidates can check category wise reservation criteria for UGC NET 2024:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
UGC NET 2024 Selection Procedure
Selection for the assistant professor and Junior research fellowship & assistant professor will be done based on the marks secured by the candidates in UGC NET 2024 examination. Candidates will be selected based on their rank scored in the exam and cut off marks.
There no separate procedure will be organised by the authorities for the qualified candidates. For assistant professor top 6% candidates will be shortlisted for determining the eligibility for assistant professor and JRF. Separate merit list will be prepared for those candidates who have qualified for NET JRF.
Universities Accepting UGC NET scores:
- University of Delhi
- ICFAI University, Dehradun
- University of Madras, Chennai
- Zamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- Assam University, Silchar
- Jiwaji University, Gwalior
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Meghalaya
- University of Allahabad
- University of Calcutta
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy
- Shiv Nadar University, NCR
- SRM University, Amrawati
- Goa University
- Berhmpur University, Orissa