NEET PG 2020
NEET PG 2020 will be organized by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). It is one of the national level entrance tests. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma courses in all private medical colleges and universities. NEET PG entrance test is compulsory for foreign national candidates those are seeking admission in PG medical courses in India.
NEET PG Counselling Procedure
The counselling procedure will be comprised following steps:
Step 1: Counselling Registration
- Visit to the official website link (Link will be given above).
- Click on “New Registration” link.
- Register yourself for the counselling.
- Candidates should save the password that they have created at the time of registration.
- Pay the counselling fee, i.e. Rs. 1000 (For AIQ /Central University UR candidates) & Rs. 500 (For SC/ST/OBC/PH) and Rs. 5000 (For Deemed University candidates).
- Candidates also have to pay the tution fee which is refunded if no seats will be allotted to the candidates. The tution fees are:
- For AIQ/Central University UR candidates: Rs. 25000.
- For SC/ST/OBC/PH: Rs. 10,000.
- For Deemed: Rs 2,00,000.
Step 2: Choice Filling & Locking Choices
- After online registration (registration is compulsory to take part in online allotment process), candidates will have to fill in choice of subjects and Institutions/colleges in order of preference.
- Once the choice is filled in, it can be modified before locking it.
- During the choice locking period, it is necessary to lock the choices to get a print of your submitted choices.
- If the candidate does not lock the choice submitted by them, submitted choices by them will be automatically locked.
- Take a print of the filled choices for future use.
- You can fill as many choices as per your preferences.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- After choice filling, the seat allotment process will take place.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of filled choices, availability of seats, category, etc.
- The result will be declared on last week of March 2020 (For Round 1).
Step 4: Reporting
- Candidates will be allotted seats will be required to join the allotted college/ course within stipulated time.
- After last date, no admission will be allowed.
State Quota Merit List
The seats in state quota or in private universities are filled on the basis of NEET PG result. While preparing of state quota merit list, many factors are taken into consideration such as category, subcategory, final eligibility, state category rank and other reservation policies.
On the basis of generated merit list by all State/ UT/ Institutions, the final merit list is generated on the website. There is no reservation policy for offering the admissions. However the seats will be reserved for some categories.
NEET PG Important Instructions
- There is three rounds of counseling for Deemed and Central Universities followed by one Final Mop Up round at the Institution Level for stray vacancies.
- From 2018, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana students are also eligible for All India Quota Counselling.
- Candidates, those not register in Round 1 only they can register for Round 2.
- If candidates apply for both AIQ and for Deemed University, they have to pay only the higher fee i.e. of Deemed University Rs. 5000.
- In case, a seat is allotted during the Round 1, candidates are required to join allotted institution/college and complete the admission formalities then the only candidate can exercise an option to participate in next round (2nd Round).
- If there is discrepancy in spelling in documents candidate must carry proof that the documents belongs to same person, in form of an affidavit/undertaking.
Documents Required at the Day of Counselling:
Candidates are instructed to do not forget to bring the documents in original given below on the day of counselling.
- NEET PG 2020 Result/Rank Letter
- NEET PG 2020 Admit Card
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as proof of date or birth.
- Qualifying Degree Mark sheet (MBBS/BDS)
- MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate.
- Internship Certificate
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
- Identity Proof
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate provided by MCI or State Medical Council.