NEET 2020 official notification has been released. It will be conducted Once in a Year in Offline mode. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the NEET exam.
NEET application process is going to start from 2nd December 2019. NTA will organize the examination on 3rd May 2020. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level medical entrance exam. It is organized to provide admissions in MBBS, BDS & Ayush Courses.
ministry in the year 2019, NTA is the newly formulated body which will conduct NEET Entrance test every year.
Candidates have to qualify this entrance test to get admission in well known medical institutions in the country. Candidates can read this article for detailed information of NEET 2020 like exam dates, application form, eligibility, syllabus and much more:
NEET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below various official NEET exam dates:
|Application form release||2nd December 2019|
|Last date for Submission of application form||31st December 2019|
|Application form correction starts||3rd week of January 2020|
|Last date for correction in application form||Last week of January 2020|
|NEET (UG) Admit Card||27th March 2020|
|NEET 2020 Exam Date||3rd May 2020|
|Answer key||2nd week of May 2020|
|Result announcement||4th June 2020|
|Counselling date||2nd week of June 2020|
NEET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the following details regarding NEET 2020 Application Form:
- Candidates will be able to fill NEET 2020 Application Form through online
- You can fill one application form only. Filling of more than one application form will lead to cancellation of forms.
- The application form of NEET 2020 will be released from 2nd December 2019 by NTA.
- Last date to fill application form will be till 31st December 2019.
- Candidates must provide working phone number and email Id at the time of registration to get login credentials.
- Candidates must submit recent passport size photograph &signature in the prescribed format to avoid rejection of images later.
- There is no need to send the printout of application form to the board.
The application fee payable for different categories is:
- General & OBC Category: Rs.1400/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Transgender Category: Rs.750/-
- Candidates will have to also pay additional charges & GST.
Mode of Payment: Candidates will be able to pay the Application Fee through online as well as offline mode. Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-banking are available as online mode. For offline mode, E-Challan facility is available at State Bank of India (SBI) branches.
NEET 2020 Application Form Correction
- Candidates will be able to do NEET Application Form Correctionfrom 3rd week of January till last week of January 2020.
- Correction process will be done through onlinemode only.
- Candidates will be notified through SMS/e-mail regarding correction in photograph or signature.
- Candidates will also be able to correct in particular fields like – Date of Birth (D.O.B), Identification, Gender, State Code, Category, Exam Medium, Exam Center, Disability Status, Exam Qualification or Percentage, Parents’ Name, etc.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the following NEET Eligibility Criteria before registering for exam:
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals citizen are eligible to apply for NEET (UG).
- Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats:Candidates belonging to J&K states are eligible to apply under 15% All India Quotas only on the basis of self-declaration.
- Age limit:Candidates must have completed minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. There is no upper age limit to apply.
- Qualification: Candidates must have completed 12thlevel or equivalent examination.
- Mandatory Subjects: Students in their 12thlevel must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as mandatory subject.
- Percentage: Candidates in the 12thlevel must have secured minimum 50% marks for General categories; 45% marks for PH & 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC category candidates in PCB group.
- Appearing: Candidates are appearing in their qualifying exam or waiting for their result are also eligible for NEET (UG).
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check below NEET Exam Pattern before starting the exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: NEET 2020 exam will be conducted through offline(pen-paper based) mode.
- Questions Type:Question paper will contain objective type of questions.
- Medium:The question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada Languages.
- No of questions:There will be total 180 questions in the paper.
- Total Marks:The paper will be total of 720 marks.
- Duration:NEET exam duration is 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme:Each correct answer will award 4 marks.
- Negative Marking:1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Check below distribution of no. of questions & marks for each subject:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Biology (Botany or zoology)||90 (45 – 45 each)||360|
NEET 2020 Syllabus
NEET Syllabus for UG courses will be common syllabus prescribed by MCI (Medical Council of India). Candidates can prepare from the syllabus of Class 11th& 12th topics studied in each subject. Check the detailed syllabus of NEET UG 2020 online.
NEET (UG) will contain topics from Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects. Some of the topics from each subject will be as:
Physics: It will contain Laws of Motion, Electrostatic, Electromagnetic Waves, Electronic Devices, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Properties of Bulk Matter, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, etc.
Chemistry: Some topics will be some basic concept of chemistry, Equilibrium, Hydrogen, Electro Chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, p-Block Elements, etc.
Biology: Some basic topics will be Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Ecology & Environment, Cell Structure and Function, Diversity in Living World, Biology and Human Welfare, etc.
NEET 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through various NEET preparation tips given below to enhance your exam preparation and qualify the test:
- Candidate must make a study time table & follow that timetable strictly.
- Candidate must check NEET 2020 syllabus & exam pattern before starting the exam preparation.
- Practice from previous year question paper and sample papers.
- Take care of your health while preparing for the exams.
- Focus on weaker topics first and keep practicing.
- Practice online mock tests.
NEET 2020 Admit Card
NTA will provide NEET 2020 Admit Card by 27th March 2020. NEET Admit card will be made available through online mode. The board will also send admit card (copy) in PDF format to candidates registered email ID. Candidates will have to also fix their passport size photograph on the admit card.
A candidate who will not bring the admit card to the examination hall under any circumstance will not be permitted to give exam. An invigilator will check the admit card of each candidate for identification. Along with admit card, candidates also have to bring passport size photograph, ID card and PWD category certificate (if any).
NEET 2020 Answer Key
NEET 2020 Answer Key will be released in the second week of May 2020. Through NEET answer key, candidates will be able to check their answers & can predict their marks of entrance test. Candidates will have to login through their user ID & password to check the answer key.
The authority will also give an opportunity to candidate to make online challenge against answer key. Candidates will have to pay fee per answer to challenge the answer key.
NEET 2020 Cut-Off
Candidates will have to score more than the NEET 2020 Cut-Off marks to qualify the examination. The NEET Cut-off will depend upon various factors like no. of candidates appearing in exam, difficulty level of exam, students’ performance, etc.
Looking back at previous trends, the minimum cut-off percentile to qualify the exam is 50% for general category & 45% for PH category and 40% for other reserved categories. After releasing the cut-off, authority will also release a cut-off under 15% of All India Quota seats for different categories.
NEET 2020 Result
Students who will appear in the exam will be able to check NEET 2020 Result through online mode. The NEET result will be declared on 4th June 2020. No candidate will receive the result through offline mode.
Candidates have to login with their details by entering their roll number & Date of Birth (D.O.B) to check their result. Candidates are advised to take the print out of their result for further use. No category wise result sheet will be prepared.
NEET 2020 Merit List
NEET 2020 Merit list will be released by NTA through online mode. The merit list of the successful & eligible candidates who will opt. for 15% of All India Quota seats will be on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET (UG) 2020. Admission to MBBS/BDS within respective category will be based on All India Rank (AIR) as per merit list.
The merit list will be prepared in percentile determined which will be on the basis of highest marks. Also there will be tie-breaking criteria for candidates who will score equal or same marks. As per the rules of tie-breaking criteria preference will be given in the below order:
- Candidates who will score highest marks in Biology (Zoology or Botany).
- Scores highest marks in Chemistry.
- Attempts less number of incorrect answers in all the subjects.
- If even after applying all above rules, the tie still remains then students who will be older in age will be considered.
NEET 2020 Reservation Policy
NEET 2020 Reservation of seats under 15% All India Quota is discussed below:
NEET 2020 Counselling
NEET 2020 Counselling will be held through online mode. The counselling will start by second week of June 2020. Candidates will have to attend the counselling process which will be conducting by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
The state counselling authorities will organize state level counselling separately.
The authority will also release seats other than 15% All India Quota. In this case counselling authority will draw merit list of the candidate in the respective category.
Students are required to register first for counselling and then fill their choice of preferences. After that, seats will be allotted to the candidates as per the reservation policy, availability of seats, etc.