JEE Main 2020 application form correction for January session has been started from 14th October. Candidates can fill application via online mode.
NTA will organize the examination from 6th to 11th January 2020 for January session. National Testing Agency (NTA) organizes it twice in a year – January & April sessions.
JEE Main 2020 New Changes Introduced
Candidates can check the new changes below introduced in JEE Mains 2020 test:
- From the year 2020, the exam will be conducted separatelyfor BE/B.Tech, B.Arch & Planning courses. Candidates can appear for all the courses or separately.
- Application Feehas been increased as compared to last year. It can be paid through online mode.
- Changes in Exam pattern: New changes have been introduced in the exam pattern of JEE Main 2020. The number of questions in the exam paper has been decreasedto 25 questions (per subject) on comparison to last year (30 questions). Also, besides the MCQs in the paper there will be questions whose answers are to be filled as numerical values.
- From this year, the paper pattern of B.Planhas been separately introduced in JEE Main.
- From 2019 onwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) is given the responsibility to conduct the entrance exams of JEE Main.
- NTA JEE Main 2020 will be conducted twiceevery year in the months of January & April in online CBT mode.
- The age limit to apply for JEE Mains has been removed. Now candidates fulfilling the eligibility criterion can apply for the exam irrespective of their age.
- For JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan), it is mandatoryfor the candidates to have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
- Aadhar card is not mandatory to apply for JEE Mains 2020 entrance exams.
- Candidates appearing among the top 2,45,000 qualified students will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- NTA has set up more than 3400 Practice centersin the country for the preparation of the students.
- Diabetic students can take water bottle, fruits and sugar tablets inside the exam center.
JEE Mains 2020 Exam Dates
Below we have provided all the official JEE Main Dates for various events taking place in the January session and April session:
|Notification release||August 2019|
|Release of Application Form||3rd September 2019|
|Image correction started||13th September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th October 2019 (Extended)|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||11th October 2019|
|Application correction window||14th – 20th October 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||6th December 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||6th – 11th January 2020|
|Declaration of Results||31st January 2020|
|Release of Online Application||7th February 2020|
|Image correction window opens||In the month of February 2020|
|Availability of mock test||In the month of February 2020|
|Last date to submit application||7th March 2020|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||2nd week of March 2020|
|Downloading of Admit card||16th March 2020|
|JEE Mains 2020 Exam||3rd – 9th April 2020|
|Announcement of Result||30th April 2020|
JEE Main 2020 Application Correction
For all the candidates registered successfully, the board has been started JEE Main Application correction facility to correct mistakes. It is one time facility for the students to make corrections in the details of application form. Correction in uploaded images has been started.
The application correction window has been started from 14th to 20th October 2019 for the January session registration. For the April session, the correction process will start in the month of February 2020.
Students are able to correct details in the application through online mode only. To make correction in the application, students have to pay an additional amount of fee.
Correction in the application must be done by the candidates before the last date of form submission.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check various important details below regarding JEE Main 2020 Application form:
- The Application form filling process for the January session has been started from 3rdSeptember 2019 by NTA. April Session registration will start from 7th February 2020.
- The complete online registration process contain various steps – Online Registration, Filling the Application online, Uploading of Images, Payment of Application fee and Printing the Application.
- Last date to submit the application form for the January session is 10th October 2019. For the April session, candidates can submit the application till 7thMarch 2020.
- Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. Multiple applications from one candidate will get rejected.
Mode of Payment: Applicants can pay the fee by online mode through net banking/debit card/credit card, UPI & PAYTM. No offline mode is available to pay the application fee.
JEE Main 2020 Application fee for various categories is given in the table below:
|Exam Center in India||Exam Center Outside India|
|Gen/Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.650
Girls – Rs.325
|Boys – Rs.3000
Girls – Rs.1500
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.325
Girls – Rs.325
|Boys – Rs.1500
Girls – Rs.1500
|B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch
B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning
B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch &
B.Arch & B.Planning
|Gen/Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.1300
Girls – Rs.650
|Boys – Rs.6000
Girls – Rs.3000
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.650
Girls – Rs.650
|Boys – Rs.3000
Girls – Rs.3000
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the JEE Main Eligibility criterion, before filling the application form:
- Qualifying Exam:Applying candidate must have passed 10+2 level exam or its equivalent in 2018 or 2019 from a recognized board or university.
- Appearing Candidates:Candidates who are appearing in class 12th exam can also apply.
- Diploma Holders:Candidates who are holding diploma can also apply for admissions only in IITs.
- Qualifying Subjects:For B.E/B.tech, candidate in their 12th level must have passed with at least of five subjects with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any other technical vocational.
- For B.Arch:Students must have passed 12th level with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry
- For B.Plan:For B.Planning, students must have passed their 12th level with Mathematics
- Age Criterion: There is no age limitprescribed to apply for JEE Main 2020.
- Total Attempts:There will be no attempt limit.
Institutions wise Eligibility:
- To get admission into IITs. NITs, CFTIs and other institutions through CSAB, students have secured 75%(For ST/SC – 65%) marks or must be under top 20 percentile in 12th level exams.
- On the basis of All India Rank of the candidate secured in the test, admission will be provided.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
JEE Mains 2020 January Session entrance test will be conducted from 6th to 11th January 2020. The April Session exam will be held from 3rd to 9th April 2020.
Check the complete NTA JEE Main Exam pattern provided below, before starting your exam preparation:
- Exam Mode:The entrance test will be organized in online CBT mode. However, the drawing test of Paper II (B.Arch) will be only held in offline mode.
- Number of Papers: The entrance exam will be held in two papers– Paper I and Paper II. Paper I will be held for admission into B.E/B.Tech programme. Paper II will be held for admission into B.Arch and B.Plan programmes.
- Type of Questions:The questions in both the papers will be of objective type. As per new changes, the paper will also have questions in which answers are to be filled as numerical values. The drawing test of B.Arch paper will be of subjective type.
- Total Marks: Paper of B.E/ B.Tech will be of total 300 marks. While, B.Arch/ B.Plan will be of total 400 marks.
- Number of Questions: Paper of B.E/ B.Tech will consists of total 75 questions. B.Arch paper will have total of 77 questionsand B.Plan paper will have total of 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: 4 markswill be given for every correct answer. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Gujarati & some other state languages.
- Time Duration: The time duration to complete the paper will be of 3 hours. Extra time of 1 hour will be provided to candidates with 40% disability (PwD candidates).
Check the section wise distribution of questions and marks for both the papers of JEE Main 2020:
For Paper I (B.E/B.Tech):
|Subject||Number of Questions|
For Paper II (B.Arch):
|Subject||Number of Questions|
For Paper II (B.Plan):
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Planning Based Questions-Part II||25|
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
The complete NTA JEE Main Syllabus can be checked by the students via online mode. Syllabus of Paper I contain various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics studied in the 11th and 12th level.
Paper II Syllabus contain topics from the Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing sections.
Check below the detailed syllabus of JEE Main 2020
For JEE Mains 2020 Paper I (B.E/ B.Tech):
Physics and measurement, Rotational motion, Thermodynamics, Laws of motion, Oscillations and waves, Electronic devices, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Current electricity, Optics, Electrostatics, Work, energy and power, Kinematics, Gravitation, Kinetic theory of gases, Properties of solids and liquids, etc.
Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Sequences and series, Mathematical induction, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Integral calculus, Statistics and probability, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Vector algebra, Trigonometry, Permutations and combinations, Mathematical reasoning, etc.
Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Equilibrium, Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, etc.
Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Organic compounds containing halogens, Chemistry in everyday life, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, etc.
Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, D – and f – block elements, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), Hydrogen, Environmental chemistry, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
For JEE Mains 2020 Paper II (B.Arch/ B.Plan):
Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings, Buildings, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal),Materials, Visualising, etc.
Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, colour texture, building forms and elements, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, harmony and contrast, Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, subtraction, rotation, etc.
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the below provided preparation tips to score good marks and qualify the entrance test:
- Before starting the preparation, candidates must know the complete details of exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus.
- While preparing for the exam, note down all the important points, concepts or formulas at one place. Revise these notes regularly.
- Prepare for the exam from the study material which is mostly recommended by other qualified candidates and experienced teachers.
- Students can solve previous year exam papersor sample papers to know the exam trend and type of questions coming in the exam.
JEE Mains 2020 Slot Booking
The allocation of exam date, shift and exam centers will be done by NTA. It will be done few days before the release of admit card. To check the allotted exam date, time, shift and center, students have to login through their registered id and password.
No request or correspondence will be further entertained in this case by the officials.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
NTA JEE Main Admit Card will be released after the registration process completes. For the January session entrance exam, the admit card will be available on 6th December 2019. Admit card for April session test will be released on 16th March 2020.
To download the admit card, candidates have to click on the provided online link and enter their application number and password. Candidates will be also informed about their release of admit card through SMS or mail.
JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
NTA will release JEE Main Answer key after the completion of entrance exams. It will be published for Paper I and Paper II in PDF format by online mode. The Answer key will be available in the month of January 2020.
To access the answer key candidates have to enter their application number and password. After downloading it, candidates will get to know the correct answers of the questions asked in the test and able to calculate the probable score.
In case candidates find any discrepancy in the Answer key, they can openly challenge the Answer key by paying certain amount of fee and submitting proof.
JEE Main 2020 Result
NTA JEE Main 2020 Results will be announced on 31st January 2020 for the January session test. Result for April session test will be released on 30th April 2020. Candidates can access their results by entering their date of birth and roll number.
After the result announcement, scorecard will also be released online.
JEE Main 2020 Scorecard
JEE Main 2020 Scorecard is an important document which will mention various details about the candidate – name, roll number, parent’s name, category, state code of eligibility, marks obtained, All India rank, Category wise rank, qualifying status etc.
Candidates can download their scorecards by online mode. No scorecard will be dispatched to the candidates by offline mode.
JEE Mains 2020 Rank List
JEE Main 2020 Rank list will be released by NTA after the declaration of results. Marks secured in the JEE Mains 2020 entrance test will be evaluated and based on that ranks will be allotted to the candidates. Candidate’s All India rank and category rank will be mentioned in the rank list.
The percentile score of the candidates will be calculated using the normalization procedure.
JEE Main 2020 Cut Off
NTA will release the JEE Main Cut Off by online mode. To appear in the All India centralized counselling process, it is necessary for the candidates to obtain the minimum cut off marks. The cut off marks will be released for various categories.
In the table given below we have provided previous years cut off trends for various categories:
|Category||Cut-off 2018||Cut-off 2017||Cut-off 2016||Cut-off 2015|
JEE Main 2020 Counselling
Candidates successfully scoring the minimum cut off marks will be considered eligible to participate in JEE Mains 2020 Counselling process. The counselling process will be held in completely online centralized process.
To participate in the counselling process students have to first register themselves. The counselling process will be organized by JoSAA. Candidates will be allotted seats in various participating institutions like NIT, IIT, CFTI etc.
Based on applicant’s category, rank obtained, seats availability and other factors, seats will be allocated. After the seat allocation, candidates have to report at the allotted institution for the document verification process.