NEET 2024: Syllabus (Revised), Exam Date (Out), Registration
NEET 2024 Syllabus has been revised. Exam Date has been announced. It is the only medical entrance exam in India which offers admission to MBBS & BDS courses. Students will also get admission in Nursing, AYUSH & other courses through NEET UG. It is a national level examination organized by NTA (National Testing Agency). National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) will be conducted only once in a year on 5th May 2024. AIIMS, JIPMER, AFMC and other government & private institutions offers admission in UG medical courses on the basis of NEET UG scores.
The exam will be conducted in 13 languages through pen and paper based mode. The application form will be provided through online mode in the month of March 2024. Students can check here complete details about NEET 2024 exam including registration, application form, exam date, eligibility etc.
NEET 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test|
|Level||National Level Exam|
|Courses||MBBS, BDS, Nursing, AYUSH etc|
|Exam Date||5th May 2024|
|Duration||3 hours and 20 Minutes|
NEET 2024 Exam Dates
In the table given below, candidates can check official NEET exam dates 2024:
|Release of application form||1st week of March 2024|
|Last date to submit the application||1st week of April 2024|
|Last date for application fee payment||1st week of April 2024|
|Correction window||April 2024|
|Issue of admit card||Last week of April 2024|
|Exam date||5th May 2024|
|Answer key available||Within one week after the exam|
|Answer key objection window||May 2024|
|Result announcement||June 2024|
|Counselling begin||July 2024|
NEET 2024 Application Form
Check details about NEET 2024 Registration from the section given below:
- Only online mode will be provided by NTA to fill the application form.
- Candidates must use valid mobile number and Email ID as it will be verified through OTP while filling the application.
- NEET UG 2024 application form will be available from the first week of March 2024.
- The entire application process contain steps like details filling, documents uploading and fee payment.
- Candidates are required to upload photographs, signature, Left and Right hands Fingers and Thumb impressions, and all other certificates as per the prescribed format.
- NTA will also provide the correction facility only in some particulars.
- The application form will be submitted till first week of April 2024.
- After the final submission of application form, a copy of Confirmation Page will be sent to the registered Email ID.
- The application fee payment will be done through online payment gateway (Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI etc).
- No offline mode will be available to pay the fee.
- Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable by the authority.
The application fee for various categories given below:
|Category||Fee in India (In Rs.)||Fee outside India (In Rs.)|
|General||Rs. 1700/-||Rs. 9500/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*||Rs. 1600/-|
|SC/ST/PwBD/Third Gender||Rs. 1000/-|
Documents Required while Filling the Application Form:
- Candidate’s recent Passport size Photograph
- Postcard size Photograph
- Left and Right hand Fingers and Thumb impression
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Citizenship Certificate (if applicable)
- PwBD Certificate (if applicable)
- Address Proof (Present and Permanent Address)
How to Apply for NEET 2024
Below we have provided the step-wise procedure to fill the NEET UG 2024 application form:
- Step-1: Visit the official website of NEET UG 2024.
- Step-2: Click on the “NEET (UG) 2024 Registration” option.
- Step-3: Click on the “New Registration” button.
- Step-4: Fill details on the registration form and click on “Submit” button.
- Step-5: After receiving the application number, fill remaining details in the application.
- Step-6: Upload the required documents in the application form.
- Step-7: Pay the application fee through online mode.
- Step-8: After fee payment, the confirmation page will be generated.
- Step-9: Take printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for further use.
NEET 2024 Application Correction
After completing the application form filling process, NTA will open the correction facility. NEET 2024 application correction window will be opened in the month of April 2024. Correction facility will be provided through online mode only in some particulars.
Candidates must choose medium of question paper carefully as it can not be changed at later stage. Corrections will be done through login by entering the required login details. Candidates must edit their application within the given time frame.
NEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Students must verify their eligibility criteria from below, before applying for NEET exam:
- Age Limit: Candidates must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission/ on or 31st December of the year of admission.
- As per the NMC, there will be no upper age limit for NEET exam.
- Nationality: Indian Citizen, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: It is necessary to qualify 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board. Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Subjects: Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subject in the qualifying exam.
- Percentage: Minimum 50% marks for general/EWS and minimum 40% marks for reserved categories are necessary in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates who want to pursue UG medical courses from foreign colleges or universities are also required to qualify NEET exam.
- Candidates from UT of J&K and Ladakh are eligible for 15% All India Quota for admission.
NEET 2024 Exam Pattern
Here we have provided the exam pattern details of NEET 2024 exam:
- Mode: The exam will be held through pen and paper based mode.
- Duration: Total three hours and twenty minutes will be given to complete the question paper.
- Language: The exam will be organized in 13 languages, i.e. English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) will be asked in the NEET exam. Choices will be provided in the Section B of the question paper.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: Yes, One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Here we have provided the subject wise weightage of question for NEET 2024 exam.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Physics||35 (Section A)||140|
|15 (Section B)||40|
|Chemistry||35 (Section A)||140|
|15 (Section B)||40|
|Botany||35 (Section A)||140|
|15 (Section B)||40|
|Zoology||35 (Section A)||140|
|15 (Section B)||40|
NEET 2024 Syllabus
The syllabus has been notified by the NMC (National Medical Commission). NEET Syllabus 2024 consist of various topics from Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. Candidates must prepare for the exam as per the NMC prescribed syllabus.
Below we have provided some major topics of NEET UG Syllabus:
Physics: Physical-world and measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves etc.
Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Solid State, Structure of Atom, Solutions, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Electrochemistry, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical Kinetics, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Surface Chemistry, Thermodynamics, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements etc.
Biology: Diversity in Living World, Reproduction, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants , Genetics and Evolution, Cell Structure and Function, Biology and Human Welfare, Plant Physiology, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Human physiology, Ecology and environment etc.
NEET 2024 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow some beneficial NEET preparation tips which can help them to score better in the examination:
- It is necessary that students must gather knowledge about the officially prescribe syllabus and pattern of the examination.
- While preparing for the exam, make short notes which can help during the revision time.
- Solve previous year question papers on daily basis.
- Practice online mock test it can help you to analyze your performance.
- Take a healthy diet and make proper sleeping schedule during the preparations.
- Do not take stress and stay confident about your preparations.
NEET 2024 Admit Card
NEET Admit Card 2024 will be released few days before the examination. It will be published in last week of April 2024. To download admit card, one will have to use their login credentials such application no. or pw OR D.O.B & pw. Candidates are advised to keep their login credentials safe for their ease.
Authority will also release exam city slip before admit card. One must make sure to download it, as it will be also equally important as hall ticket. Admit card contains all exam related information such as candidate’s name, roll number, exam time, venue & instructions. Candidates must go through the instructions & follow it to avoid any rejection during examination. It will be mandatory for a student to carry admit card along with one ID proof at the exam venue.
NEET 2024 Answer Key
The answer key for NEET 2024 will be made available via online mode. NEET Answer key will be published by NTA within one week after the exam. Authority will first release provisional answer key. Further, candidates will be allowed to make objection against provisional key for limited time period, After objection periods gets over, final answer key will be provided.
Also, fee of Rs. 200/- per question will be applicable while making challenges against answer key. One must make sure the fee will be non-refundable in any case. Further, the answer key finalised after the challenges, will be considered as final answer key.
NEET 2024 Result
NEET Result 2024 will be declared in the month of June 2024. Candidates will be able to get it via online mode. Login credentials like Roll number & D.O.B will be required to check the result. NTA will publish the result on the basis of final answer key.
Result will contain all details such candidate’s name, roll number, parent’s name, marks scored in each subject, total marks & result status. Candidates are advised to download & keep printout of their result safe as it will be required by many of the medical colleges at the time of admission.
NEET 2024 Reservation Criteria
The reservation of seats under 15% All India Quota (AIQ) will be as given below:
NEET 2024 Cut Off
The cut off criteria for NEET 2024 will be released separately by various institutes & official authority. Cut Off marks are the minimum marks one have to score to qualify the exam. It will be prepared for various category as general, SC, ST & OBC separately.
The NEET cut off will be released along with the result. The various factors affecting cut off are marks scored, difficulty level of exam, seat availability, previous year cut off, etc. Authority will also release cut off under 15% AIQ seats for different category.
Expected cut off
Here we are providing expecting cut off for NEET 2024 keeping various factors in mind:
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||NEET Marks Range|
|UR/ EWS||50th percentile||720-138|
|OBC/ SC/ ST||40th percentile||137-108|
|UR/ EWS & PWD||45th percentile||137-122|
|OBC & PwD||40th percentile||121-108|
|SC & PwD||40th percentile||121-108|
|ST & PWD||40th percentile||121-108|
NEET 2024 Rank Predictor
NEET 2024 College Predictor
NEET 2024 Counselling
NEET Counselling 2024 will be held in the month of July 2024. The counselling procedure will commenced via online mode. Candidates whose name will appear in the merit list will have to participate in counselling session. The various steps for counselling include registration, choice filling & seat allotment.
The counselling sessions for 15% All India & Quota & 85% state quota will be held separately by the state counselling authority. Medical Council Committee (MCC) will manage the counselling procedure for 15% AIQ, Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats of ESIC & AFMC including BHU & AMU.
The following documents will be required for verification at the time of counselling:
- 10th & 12th Marksheet
- 10th & 12th passing certificates
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank card/ rank Letter
- Category certificate (if required)
- D.O.B Proof
- ID card
- Multiple passport size photographs
Participating Universities of NEET 2024
Following are the participating universities of NEET 2024:
- AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore
- Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- Ahmedabad Dental College and Hospital, Ahmedabad
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Deogarh
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur
- Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Hyderabad
- College of Dental Science and Research Centre, Ahmedabad
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital, Kolkata
- Government of Dental College, Raipur
- Doon Medical College, Dehradun