Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination will organize the entrance exam of JKCET 2020. This state level entrance test is conducted every year to offer admission into B.Tech and B.E programmes. Candidates have to qualify this entrance test to get admission into engineering programmes in various private or government institutions situated in Jammu & Kashmir. Through this article we have provided important information regarding the JKCET 2020 Application form, eligibility criterion, exam dates, exam pattern etc.
JKCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can go through the below details to know complete details of JKCET Application 2020:
- The Application form of JKCET 2020 is expected to be released in thefirst week of February 2020.
- Candidates have to fill the application form onlineby visiting the website.
- The complete online application process will involve – Registration process, payment of application fee, filling up of application form, uploading the images and printing the application form.
- Keep scanned copy of photographs , signatures and other relevant documents ready.
- Last date to fill the application form online is expected till the fourth week of February 2020.
- During filling the application form, candidates must make sure to fill all the details correctly in the form. No details can be edited by the candidates after the final submission of application.
The Application Fee is Rs. 1200/-.
Applicants can pay the application fee through net banking/debit card/credit card.
JKCET 2020 Important Dates
Check all the expected dates of JKCET 2020 related to application form, admit card, exam date, result declaration etc. in the below given table:
|Release of Notification||1st week of February 2020|
|Starting of Online registration process||1st week of February 2020|
|Last date to fill the application||4th week of February 2020|
|Release of Admit card||2nd week of April 2020|
|JKCET2020Exam||3rd week of April 2020|
|Result declaration||2nd week of May 2020|
|Starting of Counselling process||1st week of June 2020|
JKCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the complete eligibility criterion of JKCET 2020, before applying for admission:
- Nationality:Applying Candidate must be a permanent resident of Jammu & Kashmir as per the section 6 of Constitution of J&K state.
- Qualifying Exam:Applicant must have passed 12th level/Higher Secondary exams or its equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate in his qualifying exam must have passed with the primary subjects of Physics, Mathematics, English and Chemistry.
- Qualifying Marks: Applying candidate must have obtained minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying exam. Reserved candidates must have obtained 40% marks.
- Age Criteria:Applying candidate’s age should not be less than 17 years as on 31st December, 2020.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing for 12thexams can also apply.
JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Go through the given below exam pattern of JKCET 2020 and know various details about the entrance exam:
- Exam Date and Mode: The entrance test of JKCET 2020 is expected to be organized in the 3rd week of April2020 through offline mode.
- Number and Type of Questions:The question paper will contain total of180 multiple choice questions. 60 questions from each section.
- Time Duration:Total time duration provided to complete the paper will be of 3 hours.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 180 markswith each section of 60 marks.
- Subjects:The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Marking Scheme:For every correct answer, +1 mark will be awarded. 25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||180 questions||180 marks|
JKCET 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus of JKCET 2020 will contain various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of 11th and 12th level. Candidates can check the complete syllabus with broad weightage of each subject from the website.
JKCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the given below preparation tips of JKCET 2020 to enhance your exam preparation and score well:
- Reviewthe complete exam pattern and syllabus given on the website.
- For more practice candidates can solve previous years question papersand sample papers.
- Prepare notesand revise these notes daily.
- Give more time to practice for the tougher subjects.
- Analyze your preparation level by taking various mock tests.
- Clearyour concepts by discussing them with the teachers and fellow students.
JKCET 2020 Admit Card
After the completion of JKCET 2020 application process, the board will release the admit card on the website in the second week of April 2020. Candidates can download their admit card online by visting the website. The details present on the admit card must be checked by the candidates after downloading it.
To download the admit card candidates have to enter their date of birth and application number. Candidates must carry their admit cards along with a valid photo id proof on the exam day. No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall without the admit card and other required documents.
JKCET 2020 Answer Key
After the commencement of JKCET 2020 entrance test, the Answer key will be published on the website. It will be available in PDF Format for various sets. To download the Answer key candidates have to visit the website and follow the link provided for answer key.
The Answer key will help candidates to match their answers with it and calculate their score secured in the entrance test. In case of discrepancy in the answer key candidates can challenge the Answer key by submitting proof and paying certain amount of fee.
JKCET 2020 Result
JKCET 2020 Result will be released in the second week of May 2020 tentatively. Students can check their result online from the website as well as from any of the offices of BOPEE located at Jammu and Srinagar. Results will be released in the form of merit list containing the name or roll number of the qualified candidates.
The board will release separate merit lists for open merit category and reserved category. Only the candidates who have successfully qualified the exam by obtaining minimum qualifying marks will be shortlisted in the list.
JKCET 2020 Counselling
After shortlisting of qualified candidates in the merit list, JKCET 2020 Counselling process will be organized. The counselling will be organized in online mode in the first week of June 2020. Candidates have to fill their choice of programmes and institutions. Also an amount of Rs.1200 has to be paid by the candidates as counselling fee.
Candidates will be allotted seats as per the rank obtained in the merit list. Also candidates have to submit their original as well as photocopies of their documents/testimonials for document verification process.