M.Com or Master of Commerce is a postgraduate degree. This is a two year course approved by UGC. The program includes micro and macroeconomics, business commerce, export and import policies. Some other topics are like economic theory, money systems, banking systems and principles of accounting.There are specialization subjects in the last year that the candidates can choose. The subjects are Statistics, Taxation, Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Banking, Insurance; etc. M.Com is a postgraduate degree program that focuses on the methodical learning of the concepts of Accountancy, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Banking, Taxation, Management Studies, etc. Therefore, the study of M.Com degree gives an imminent of commerce, management and economics as a whole.
Advantages or Benefits of Master of Commerce Degree
• M.Com degree serves as a foundation for further advanced studies and research in this area such as Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree in Commerce
• M.Com graduates can choose for further advanced studies and career in different specializations of Commerce such as in Statistics, Taxation, Accounting & Finance, Banking, Insurance etc.
• M.Com graduates can choose research job in different fields of India’s national security problems including the international relations, geostrategic, geopolitical, socio-economic, tactical aspects of war, etc.
• Commerce enables a Master’s graduates for a wide range of careers dealing with the flow of money, from accountant to investment banker, money manager to personal finance consultant.
• After Master’s degree in Commerce, a student can apply for the UGC-NET or JRF exam. After these exams, they can go for teaching or research area.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Com
The qualification needed for applying M.Com includes a graduation in Commerce. Some institutes and universities are accepting graduates with Honors in Economics or Business/Management Studies for Post graduation in Commerce. Recognized institutes and universities are demanding 60 % of marks in undergraduate level for the admission process. Certain institutes and universities carried out entrance examination also. Admission is based on the marks acquired in the last examinations of graduation and entrance test.